Yesterday was a rough day for me. Nearing the end of a long separation from the hubby should be exciting and happy… yet the end seems to be just as hard as the beginning. Needless to say I sat on the couch and indulged in multiple hours of The Food Network. I then decided; stop watching and start doing. I picked this delish & easy recipe that was made by Katie Lee (Joel) on the Rachel Ray show!
HOT SPINACH & ARTICHOKE DIP
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 9-ounce package artichoke hearts (drained jarred, or canned, cooked fresh or frozen, but not marinated)
- 1 cup steamed spinach – well drained
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 2 cloves garlic
- 6 large leaves fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Use a 2 quart baking dish. In a food processor, combine the cream cheese, artichoke hearts, spinach, mayonnaise, Parmesan, garlic, basil, salt, and pepper. Spoon the mixture into the baking dish. Top with shredded mozzarella. Bake until bubbling and the top is golden brown, about 25 to 30 minutes.
Serve with crackers, tortilla chips, or toasted rustic bread.