We decided to go vegetarian a couple days a week for a handful of reasons. Day one was successful and this recipe helped tremendously! The recipe says it serves 4-6 people… it served 2 in our house 🙈. I highly suggest making his for your next gathering. This bruschetta is slathered with a rich layer of goat cheese, topped with mouth-watering roasted tomatoes, and drizzled with a sweet and tangy balsamic reduction. If you’ve never had bruschetta like this before, your life will instantly be changed after trying one bite.
Bruschetta with Goat Cheese
Serves: 4-6 Cooking Time: 30 minutes
1 carton of grape or cherry tomatoes, sliced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1-2 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup balsamic vinegar
1 loaf of French bread, sliced
4 oz. goat cheese
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Basil, fresh or dried
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Slice tomatoes and spread out on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt.
3. Lay sliced French bread pieces on a baking sheet and spread with olive oil.
4. Bake tomatoes for 20 minutes or until well roasted. Halfway through baking the tomatoes, place sliced French bread in for 10 minutes.
5. In the meantime, place goat cheese and garlic powder in a small bowl. Mix with a hand-held mixer until well blended and creamy.
6. To make balsamic reduction, place vinegar in a small saucepan. Heat over medium-high until boiling. Once boiling, reduce heat to medium-low and allow to simmer for 10 minutes. Stir occasionally. Vinegar is done once it has thickened and coats the back of a spoon.
7. Spread a thick layer of cheese on bread. Top with tomatoes and drizzle with balsamic reduction. Sprinkle basil on top.
8. Serve immediately.
Adapted from Joyful Healthy Eats.