After my husband got back from Thailand he could NOT stop raving about the food. I never thought much about Thai food but he insisted that it was delicious and that I should A. Learn how to make his favorites and B. Find an authentic Thai restaurant to go to. We went to a Thai restaurant and I very much enjoyed it!
In high school I used to enjoy lettuce wraps so I figured I’d recreate them!
Ingredients for wraps:
- 1 package Ground Chicken
- Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder
- Rice paper
- Chop scallions, chop mint, chop cilantro, chop cucumbers and carrots into small pieces.
- Add a dash of salt, pepper and garlic powder to the ground chicken, sauté.
- Towards the end of the sauté, zest the lime over the chicken.
- Soak each sheet of rice paper in a shallow container of water for a minute or two, I used a 9×9 baking dish. It is ok if they are still wet after taking out of the water as the water is absorbed quickly as the roll is made and becomes easier to fold.
- Fill the rice paper with the ingredients and wrap it like a burrito! My rice paper wrapping skills are NOT stellar… but it was delicious nonetheless. You can dip it into the peanut sauce or line the wrap with peanut sauce before you add the ingredients to it…or do both because its yummy.
Ingredients for peanut sauce:
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 drops of hot pepper sauce
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
Directions: Mix all together thoroughly until there is a creamy consistency.